There are many kinds of wearing parts of laser cutting machine. Today, here I mainly introduce the protective lenses in laser cutting machine. As the name suggests, the protective lens is used to prevent dust and slag from damaging the focusing lens. It is not only used in laser cutting machines, it is also necessary in other laser pointer devices, including laser marking, laser welding and laser engraving. Wait. It can be seen that the application market of protective lenses is very large.
The price of protective lenses on the market varies, ranging from tens of yuans to hundreds of yuans. The price varies greatly, and the quality is also different. Of course, it is not uncommon to see a good charge. If the lens is not selected properly, it will cause large loss of the green laser pointer, frequent damage to the protective lens, and unstable product quality, causing serious losses to the enterprise. Therefore, choosing the right protective lens is a very important thing.
Three steps to choose protective lenses for laser cutting machines:
1) The dimensions are matched, this is easy to understand;
2) Material, according to different laser power, considering the use cost, you can choose K9, quartz, in the actual application process, professional manufacturers will divide these two types of materials into multiple grades, customers can choose the appropriate specifications according to actual needs.
3) Coating, laser anti-reflection coating, different coating technical parameters are adopted according to the use environment.
Although the protective lens of the laser cutting machine is a wearing part, in order to increase its utilization rate and reduce production costs, the protective lens can be cleaned regularly to achieve the purpose of reuse. The following are the three cleaning steps summarized by High Energy Laser Engraver:
1. The protective lens material is ZnSe (zincated arsenic), which is relatively brittle and afraid of falling. When disassembling and disassembling, pay attention to: do not use too much force, and do not collide with hard objects. Anti-reflection coating on the surface, afraid of pollution, humidity, oiliness, and scratching; therefore, it is required to provide dry and degreasing air during work. Do not directly handle the lens of the laser cutting machine to protect the lens because of skin oil. Will cause permanent damage to the lens surface. Conversely, you can bring gloves and their special sets to operate. For smaller lenses, it is more convenient to use optical tweezers or vacuum tweezers. Regardless of the method used to clip the laser cutter to protect the lens, it can only be clamped along non-optical surfaces, such as the frosted edge of the mirror plaque.
2. In general, the condition of the laser cutting machine’s protective lens needs to be checked before use and before and after cleaning. Because most contaminants and surface defects are relatively small in size, we often need magnifying equipment when inspecting lenses. In addition to the magnifying device, sometimes we also need to illuminate the optical surface with a relatively bright light to enhance the specular reflection intensity of surface contaminants and defects, so that it is easier to find the contaminants and defects.
3. When cleaning a laser cutter to protect the lenses, often use clean wipes and optical grade solvents to prevent damage by other contaminants. Wipes must be moistened with a suitable solvent and must not be used dry. In consideration of softness, the available wipes are Webril wipes of pure cotton or applicators such as cotton balls, lens paper, and cotton swabs.